So being an expat is really cool at times. I love biking around my town and seeing things I never thought I would see up close and personal. While I do enjoy being in a foreign land, there are things I miss. A Lot!
Take for instance, a dryer. Not only does it do the job of drying fast, but it also practically irons your clothes. Like everyone else in the world, I hate ironing, I will do it if I have to, but only for myself or my child. If you are a capable adult, you are out of luck. Yes, I am talking to you honey. 😉
Now, I have come to the entire point of this post! Not having to iron! Back home in the States, we also have Wrinkle Releaser. It is a miraculous spray that takes wrinkles out of clothing.
Enter my expat lifesaver, Pinterest! Since moving here and even before, I have found some marvelous recipes, organization ideas, and so much more on there. But, most recently, I have found the recipe for happiness…. so to speak. I found a way to MAKE wrinkle releaser. and it works!
After hearing my husband complain about his wrinkly shirts for the second time, I went to my DIY (do it yourself) haven of inspiration, Pinterest. Sure enough there were answers to my problem!
I love this stuff!
The magical recipe:
- 1 cup or 250 ml water
- 1 tsp. (the small spoon) liquid fabric softener
- 1 tsp. rubbing alcohol (optional, helps the spray evaporate quicker) Put this all on a spray bottle and shake! Now you’re ready to go!
- Spray a clean, wrinkled garment. Dampen it, but you don’t need to soak it.
- Tug on the garment or give it a good shake to loosen the wrinkles.
- You can also lay the garment on a flat surface (like a bed), and do a quick “iron” with your hands. I found that this worked well on wrinkly shirt sleeves: just spray, smooth from the middle of the sleeve out to the ends with your hands, and the wrinkles go away.
- Hang the garment to dry, and more wrinkles will disappear as it dries. Brilliant! Problem solved. I am hooked!!