First of all, I know what you are thinking… Opa is something Greeks say. Well, you are right, but they also say it here. It’s a normal expression. I’ve taken it up myself. Serbs also do that circle dancing with both arms up in the air like you see in My Big fat Greek Wedding. Greece and Serbia, Pretty similar in my opinion. Well, minus the beautiful blue-green water.
Second. You might be thinking,,, Serbian Style?? What the French toast? Or you are Serbian, and your wondering where this is going. I got you.
This is my top 20 list of knowing you are living Serbian Style.
Here we gooo.
20. There is a red egg somewhere in your house. (Left over from Easter, ON purpose.)
19. Vegeta is on your spice rack.
16. Cervena, Plava, Bela, is the correct order of the colors.
15. You know what a Kinder Egg is.
14. You have a chair or couch or both, that can convert into a bed.
13. You go to the store once a day to get bread. Really good fresh bread. Not sliced! and you put it in a bread box.
12. The lightswitch for the bathroom (as well as the water heater) is just outside the door.
11. You have atleast 3 bottles of Rakija in your home.
10. You have Slava celebrating remnants somewhere in your home.
They are left over from this:
9. You have a huge space waster in your living room doubling as a china cabinet, closet, entertainment center, bookshelf, bar, etc…
8.Your salt and pepper shaker is actually a salt and salt dispenser, because pepper is expensive. Also pictured are the typical European electric outlet and silverware drainer.
7. Dryer, What dryer.
6. Your washers directions are not in English.
5. Your smallest drinking glasses are like little shot glasses, but they are for Rakija!
4. Pictures around your home are actually needlepoint art your mom made and framed and/or a picture of the Serbian Royal family.
3. There is a Serbian flag somewhere in your home and possibly a picture of the Serbian Royal family. See pic with Rakija above.
2. Your shoes are close to the front door. and you are wearing slippers (papuce).
1. There is a picture of Sv.Nikola or some other Saint in your home, somewhere.